Construction is one of the priority areas of economic development.
In 2018, construction work in the region was performed in the amount of 214.9 billion tenge (IFO - 119.8%), including:
- the volume of construction and installation works - by 155.1 billion tenge (72.2%);
- overhaul - by 29.4 billion tenge (13.7%);
- current repair - by 30.5 billion tenge (14.1%).
The largest amount of construction work was carried out due to the construction of the Airport (Ministry of Defense of the Republic of Kazakhstan) - 7 billion tenge, the construction of an enrichment plant of JSC Zhairemsky GOK - 19.4 billion tenge, the construction of a plant for the production of cathode copper - 3.1 billion tenge and construction of a solar power station (100 MW) of SES Saran LLP - 2.1 billion tenge.
By regions, the largest share of the regional volume of construction work falls on the cities of Karaganda (31.5%), Karazhal (13.4%) and Temirtau (11.5%).
In 2018, the construction of 443,067 new buildings was completed, including 375,406 residential and 67,661 non-residential purposes. The total area of commissioned residential buildings amounted to 416.7 thousand square meters. housing with an increase of 11.4% by 2017. 4,135 families gained access to new housing, which is 21.9% more than in 2017.
33.9% of the volume of commissioned housing falls on individual housing (141.5 thousand m2), 27.8% - on commercial (115.9 thousand m2) and 38.2% - on public sector housing (159.3 thousand .m2).
40.8 billion tenge or 82.8% by 2017 were invested in housing construction. In 2018, at the expense of budgetary funds, construction and reconstruction of 14 social facilities were envisaged, including: 3 medical outpatient clinics in Nurinsky, Karkaralynsky and Zhanaarkinsky districts, a precinct of the South-East Police Department of the Internal Affairs Directorate in Temirtau, and an emergency medical substation (md .Maykuduk), the administrative building of the regional special library for the blind and visually impaired in the city of Karaganda, the improvement and installation of the monument "Kazakh eline nez algys" in Astana, the construction of 3 fitness centers, schoolchildren’s palace and kindergarten in Satpayev, dismantling the old and building a new building for the maintenance of the zoo collection, ABK in Karaganda
For these purposes, at the expense of the local budget, 1,618.9 million tenge is provided.
5 objects were built and commissioned:
- under the program "Construction and reconstruction of health facilities" - a medical outpatient clinic in the village of Tugusken, Zhanaarkinsky district;
- under the program "Construction of Public Order and Security Facilities" - a precinct point of the South-East Police Department of the Internal Affairs Directorate in Temirtau;
- under the program "Development of cultural objects" - the administrative part to the building of the Regional Special Library for the blind and visually impaired citizens of Karaganda, the improvement and installation of the monument "Kazakh Yele Myn Alys" at the address: Astana, Yesil District, street 25 ;
- according to the program “Targeted transfers for development from local budgets” - a fitness center for 160 seats in the village named after S. Seifullin of Shetsky district.