The unemployment rate for 2018 was 4.6% (4.8% in the republic).
At the end of 2018, 4894 unemployed citizens were registered in employment services. The share of registered unemployed in the economically active population was 0.5%.
In 2018, 13 430 new jobs were created in the region, including 7207 permanent ones.
State targeted social assistance has been assigned to 10,967 low-income citizens living below the poverty line in the amount of 474.7 million tenge.
At the beginning of the year, housing aid was assigned to 4,937 low-income families for 114.5 million tenge.
8.2 billion tenge were allocated for the implementation of the Program for the Development of Productive Employment and Mass Entrepreneurship for 2017-2021.
In the first direction of the Program "Providing program participants with technical and vocational education and short-term vocational training" 979 million tenge were allocated:
- aimed at training personnel with technical and vocational education, taking into account the needs of the labor market, 700 people;
- 3131 people (with a plan of 2200 people) underwent short-term vocational training for workers in professions and skills that are in demand on the labor market.
In the second direction of the Program "Development of Mass Entrepreneurship" allocated 5.8 billion tenge:
- 2071 people were trained in the basics of entrepreneurship under the Bastau Business project (against the plan of 1989 self-employed and unemployed citizens).
- microcredits were provided for 1108 program participants planning to implement business projects. 530 people opened their own business. Guaranteed on microloans 45 people.
In the third direction of the Program "Development of the labor market through the promotion of employment and labor mobility" allocated 1.4 billion tenge:
- 1,031 social jobs were created (with a plan of 731 people), 1,232 people were sent to youth practice (with a plan of 844 people), 302 people were employed for infrastructure projects (249 people plan).
44950 people are employed on free vacancies.